Planning for this year’s WnH has been complicated by the novel coronavirus, COVID-19. Our response to this virus has evolved as the situation has progressed and will no doubt continue to evolve. We deferred registration for 15 days to March 15 so we could better assess the trajectory of the virus. In light of what we learned, we want to let you know what we are doing to address this challenge.
- Because the trajectory of this novel virus is still unknown, and
- because there is a great deal of planning and ongoing work throughout the year on our part to assure a flawless event, and
- because you must plan in advance to attend WnH in order to secure time off from work, make arrangements for travel and accommodations, and
- because the host resort has WnH on the books as a firm event…
- we have chosen to proceed as though COVID-19 will not pose a significant threat and the event will take place.
To give you maximum flexibility, we have eliminated our “no refunds” policy. We will issue full refunds, less processing fees charged by our ticketing agency, until June 17, when we will announce whether Wet n Hot will be held in light of the uncertainty caused by the novel COVID-19 virus.
We will revisit the situation and make an announcement on June 17, one month before the scheduled opening day of WnH, about whether WnH will be held this year or not. We will also issue periodic updates in our newsletter and our Facebook group, both of which you are welcome to join.
We love every one of you guys and will not put you or the community at large at risk in any way.